Mandate, Functions and Responsibilities
NRCO roots its mandate from RA 10022, “An Act Amending Republic Act No. 8042, otherwise known as The Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Act of 1995”, as amended, Further Improving The Standard of Protection and Promotion of the Welfare of Migrant Workers, Their Families and Overseas Filipinos in Distress, and For Other Purposes.
- Develop and support programs and projects for livelihood, entrepreneurship, savings, investments and financial literacy for returning Filipino migrant workers and their families in coordination with relevant stakeholders, service providers and international organizations;
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders, service providers and relevant international organizations for the promotion, development and the full utilization of OFW returnees and their potentials;
- Institute, in cooperation with other government agencies concerned, a computer-based information system on returning Filipino migrant workers which shall be accessible to all local recruitment agencies and employers, both public and private;
- Provide a periodic study and assessment of job opportunities for returning Filipino migrant workers;
- Maintain an internet-based communication system for on-line registration and interaction with clients, maintain and upgrade computer-based service capabilities of the NRCO;
- Develop capacity-building programs for returning overseas Filipino workers and their families, implementers, service providers, and stakeholders; and
- Conduct research for policy recommendations and program development.
- Develop and implement other appropriate programs to promote the welfare of returning Filipino migrant workers;